Friday, August 24, 2007

Hurrah!!


Oh, joy!! Advance copies of my new "Yearbook of Seasons and Celebrations" arrive from the publisher. Standing in the kitchen, holding the book in my hands, I have a sudden memory of standing in the same place 21 years ago, sending off the manuscrpt of the first edition of my earlier "Book of Feasts and Seasons" (still in print!) - Jamie took a photograph and we celebrated with a glass of fizzy apple juice...
You can get the book from Gracewing Publishing. It's crammed with ideas for things to make, do, eat and sing for all the feasts of the Christian year, with all sorts of information on things like origins of pub signs and nursery rhymnes and old sayings...
I love giving talks about this topic: to women's organisations, church groups, Confirmation classes, schools, colleges, Parent Teacher evenings, you name it. Send a COMMENT to this Blog, with an email address at which I can contact you (and please remember that if you fail to give me an email address, I have no means of reaching you) if you can think of any group that might like to invite me as a speaker.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Does it have a Victorian feel to it or is it more contemporary?

Anonymous said...

i will contact you Joanna eventually...but congrats on the book it must be like 'having a baby!' & i mean that in the nicest possible sense...

Anonymous said...

When will your new book be available in the U.S.?