Thursday, February 26, 2009

On my bike...

...to Wimbledon for a meeting about a book on which I have been working. This is a book which has been a special project, and to which I have given part of my heart. (I'll be telling you more about it all later...)

On to London with joy. Collected some brochures re Tamezin magazine's Young Writer Award for a talk I am giving in a school tomorrow. (Would you like a talk about the magazine - it's for teenage girls - in your school? An opportunity for young writers to get into print, find out about journalism... Interested? Send me a comment to this Blog, with an email address - which I won't publish - where I can reach you). Cup of tea with Patti F. a friend from ACW. No cake as it is Lent. Lots of chat - committee meeting tomorrow and ACW has all sorts of good plans for the future...

Cycled back - crossed the river, thought I'd ride to Clapham Junction rather than Victoria or Waterloo. A lovely ride through Battersea Park in the dark - haven't been there since a sponsored "Walk the Bridges of London" event in aid of some pro-life cause some years back...

Approaching Clapham Jn I suddenly got a bit muddled, stopped to work out where I was...and there, approaching cheerily, briefcase in hand, was a friend from the Catholic Cultural Group! After mutual golly-fancy-meeting-you chat, we talked and talked...made plans for some future CCG meetings...

Then, golly, at Clapham Jn station, another friend, this time from the Assn of Catholics in Education...London seems full of Catholic contacts...

Home lateish. Jamie busy with a friend, P., working on some detailed legal stuff...I had some some supper but they hadn't organised themselves properly to get it ready, and were famished. Last summer I bottled lots of blackberries and apples. I am glad I did, as I was able to make a quick blackberry-n-apple-charlotte which was cooking cosily as we ate the first course. Big mugs of tea. More talk... a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Bogle,

I often glance through your Blog and often view you on EWTN.

I know 'Tamezin' to be an Opus Dei publication having worked for them.

Your 'journeys' around London on your bike I enjoy as you bring London very much to life.

I lived and worked in London for many years as Secretary/PA to the Director and General Manager of Harrods, but now live in the West Midlands, my husband having died 14 years ago.

I think London is the best place in the world to live (or it used to be?!). I particularly enjoyed the sessions you had with your husband on EWTN regarding the history of Catholic Europe.

With my best wishes. K.