Sunday, February 15, 2009

To celebrate...

...a special day, J. took me to see The Sound of Music at the London Palladium. Now that will doubtless really make people sneer at us. Let 'em. It was a wonderful evening, a theatre packed, lots of cheerful happy families, and a show that kept us all spellbound. Charming, inspiring, joyful, uplifting. I really recommend it. Incidentally, the real story behind the musical/film is immensely readable: get a paperback of Maria von Trapp's book and enjoy it...

J. also gave me a bunch of roses, a box of chocolates, and a lovely card. We had a happy happy day. So there.

5 comments:

Idle Rambler said...

Why so defensive? I'm glad you had a lovely day. We should celebrate this special day. Love is certainly not something to be sneered at.

Anonymous said...

Bravo

Mame said...

Joanna,

I just finished reading Maria's book "Yesterday, Today and Forever" which is about the Von Trapp family's spiritual life and study of the life of Jesus and the Holy Family. It was wonderful. Especially poignant was the section on the death of daughter Martina.

Mary Frances

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

It sounds wonderful! Were people in the audience singing along? I know I would! =)

Anonymous said...

How romantic! Happy for you both.