Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Too busy...

...to do much blogging. Wonderful weekend at Maryvale, lectures on Revelation by Fr Tom Norris of Maynooth., plus an excellent visit to Birmingham Cathedral: magnificent Pugin building, interesting history (Bishop Ullathorne, and his heroic campaign to stop the cruel transportation system for convicts), some of the most glorious stained glass I've seen, and we sang Night Prayer in a small chapel...

A friend emailed me the other day to enquire about doing a Maryvale degree course. I'd say to anyone: go right ahead. It is is hard work, and there are essays to tackle, it's intellectually demanding, exams loom...but it is so hugely interesting, and my only regret is that I didn't do it years ago.

Domestic note: could the kind American lady who sent a Comment to this blog following my report on the Oratory School Mass contact me again? I have been unable to reach you on the email address you gave me....

No comments: