Sunday, September 12, 2010

It is great to be in...

...a wonderful parish!

Our parish priest at St Joseph's New Malden, responded with enthusiasm to the idea of having a showing of the excellent film about the Holy Father: it was at short notice, but announcements were made at all the Masses this weekend, and placed in the parish newsletter, and we got a full hall, and a memorable evening. The film is powerful and moving: you could have heard a pin drop during the showing.

We invited donations for the work of the Maryvale Institute: the parish is already linked to Maryvale and has catechists who were trained there, and people were generous and enthusiastic with donations.

All this at a busy weekend: many of the young people were hurrying off after evening Mass to a meeting about World Youth Day. It really is just wonderful parish!

BTW, if you want a poster to place in your window to show your support for the Holy Father, there are some at St Joseph's - just drop into the church and you will find some in the entrance area. DO COME AND GET ONE and put it up! (Bus 131 from Wimbledon stops right by the church, just ask for "St Joseph's").

4 comments:

Clare@ BattlementsOfRubies said...

How wonderful! I've seen that film and many of us were blowing into our hankies by the end. It's a fantastic introduction to our Holy Father.
I'd love a poster, that's a great idea! But I don't think I'll be going near your church. I don't suppose it's possible to download one to print off?

Joanna Bogle said...

I would love to be able to do that, but honestly don't know how! I will try to work on it. Meanwhile, I think the Papal Visit website may have something that you could use...

best wishes

Joanna

Fr. John Mary, ISJ said...

We'll be watching the coverage of our Holy Father's visit to UK on EWTN.
We're praying here in rural Wisconsin.
God love you!

Dawn said...

I'm so excited for all of our UK friends. Prayers for the Holy Father and all of you. I have already set my DVR to tape the upcoming events incase I cant be home.
God Bless.