Thursday, January 20, 2011

A most beautiful Mass...

... organised by Aid to the Church in Need, at Our Lady of the Rosary Church in Sutton, to mark the anniversary of Fr Werenfried van Straaten. The church was very full - people squeezed up to fit me in as I arrived rather late. A beautiful Ave Verum at Communion, and also "Be still my soul" sung to Finlandia...

I am so much aware at present of how much dedication there is in the Church - here, on a cold weekday January morning, people were crowding to Mass and to hear a talk on the current needs of Christians in different parts of the world...

Tomorrow (Friday) I am due at the CTS to pack some envelopes in connection with a new project. At this morning's gathering, I tentatively asked a couple of people if they might be able to come along and help.. immediate enthusiastic response, and they started making arrangements to get to the CTS office etc.

Earlier this week, I went to a talk at Ealing Abbey, about Blessed John Henry Newman, preceded by Mass and Adoration...again, large crowds. The talk was meant to be in the parish hall but had to be moved to the church because of the numbers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.