Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Oh, dear...

...after an extremely busy few days, I came home to tackle a massive amount of email. There is always a certain amount of ranting nonsense, but it seems more menacing when seen in bulk. I sat pressing "delete" as I scrolled over innumerable offerings scattered with underlinings and italics and exclamation marks, telling me that President Obama's birth certificate was written in Chinese, that John Paul II was secretly a freemason, that there was a Conspiracy to Block the Full Truth about all this... etc ...etc..etc...

And before you write in to tell me that you didn't know about these bits of information, and please would I reveal more - OK, I made up those two items. My inventions are on an exact level with the gobbledegook being sent around the Net. The invention of e-communication was a terrible gift to the conspiracy-theorists, and they will blight our lives for years to come.

No comments: