Sunday, June 17, 2012

A jubilee of priesthood...

...marked in South London. Father Anthony Richins celebrated Mass at Holy Ghost church in Balham, fifty years to the day that he celebrated his First Mass there, the day after his ordination. He taught for several years at the John Fisher School in Purley, a school with which Auntie has strong family connections, and we had a happy chat after Mass when I joined others bringing congratulations. I have some Jubilee prayer cards to give to other members of the family, and have also tucked one into my new Missal, where I already have the Ordination cards of young men recently ordained for the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham...

1 comment:

Et Expecto said...

It is good to hear news of my old school, the John Fisher School. Fr Richins was there in my time, I think one of the only two priests that taught me who are still alive.

I have lived mostly in the north of England since leaving John Fisher in 1967, so have had little contact since. As a matter of interest, what is your connection?