Wednesday, April 17, 2013

After...

...a day in London (see below), I headed for the West Country, for a visit to a dear relative who lives by the sea in Somerset. 

A small seaside town on a wet April evening... few people around, most eating-places closed...but one pub offering food, and one Chinese restaurant. I am taking the relative to the Chinese place tomorrow so opted for fish and chips in the pub tonight. I have brought work to do, but to match my mood of history and traditions, I spent suppertime studying the history of the Borough, a corner of London I have vaguely known over the years but am now coming to love, and around which I am planning some history walks...so with Somerset accents around me, and a good supper in front of me, I pondered the stories of Chaucer and the George Inn, and St Mary Overie, Harvard, and  and Guys, and more...



No comments: