Saturday, January 18, 2014

Planning a visit...

...to St Anselm's Pembury ... discussed travel plans, normally an uninteresting and trivial matter for a trip into Kent, but current situation dominated by floods.  Pembury is fine, but the railway line from London has been under water for part of the way...it will doubtless be all cleared up by the time of our planned trip, but meanwhile thoughts turn to the people whose homes have been wrecked, commuters stranded for long hours trying to get home, etc...

And as I write it is still raining.

1 comment:

Lydia Cubbedge said...

Long time reader, first time commenting!

My husband was recently admitted to the Ordinariate, and, as I'm discerning whether to jump in, too, from plain old RC, I'm happy to read anything and everything I can get my hands on about it!

I also was hoping to ask if you had any helpful recommendations for learning about mid-nineteenth century Catholicism in England, specifically in the North, and having to do with charitable organizations? I'm in the process if researching a novel, you see. Thanks for your cheery blog!