Wednesday, July 30, 2014

And shortly...

...I will be off to Walsingham, staying at the Anglican Shrine, with this group...

We are having a study weekend, and most will be arriving by train and car...but I will be walking part of the way, as I'll start my trip by meeting fellow-members of the John Paul II Walking Pilgrimage, gathering at Bury St Edmunds for Mass (4.30pm - come and join us!) in the Abbey Ruins. This is where Magna Carta was first drawn up. All are welcome at the Mass, and you cannot imagine how beautiful it is to pray there, in this place of peace and of such huge significance...

After the Mass, we John Paul Walkers will stay the night at Bury St Edmunds (sleeping  on the floor in the Catholic parish school) and the next day after morning prayer in the church  will be taken into Norfolk to start our Walk to Walsingham. The first day's walking will take us as far as Swaffham. From there, the Walkers will go, over the next two days, along the lanes and meadows, and via a Mass in the ruined abbey at Castleacre, to Walsingham. But I  am unable to join them for the full Walk this year, as I am committed to this Study Weekend. So I will be given a lift straight to Walsingham...

There's still time to join the John Paul II Walking Pilgrimage - just click on that link.  It has a special significance this year, as we are celebrating his canonisation...

No comments: